Nanna's Notes

Saturday, April 11, 2009

This is Easter weekend.  I am remembering past Easters.  My sister and I always had new dresses and bonnets and usually a new purse.  We had two Aunt and Uncles that did not have children so we were their "children".  One Aunt and Uncle bought us each a corsage to wear on Sunday.  We would go to the other Aunt and Uncle's house where they had bought a dozen Bantam chicken eggs for us to dye.  It was so much fun to see what different colors we could come up with.  We looked forward to this and our Aunt did as well.  

We were fortunate to have such a loving family to grow up in. I hope we are expressing that to our beautiful granddaughter. God is so good!! 

4 Comments:

  • I love to hear your stories about your childhood. Thanks for sharing it! I have many food memories of Easters with my family too (at the beach, going on egg hunts, dying eggs, etc.). Seth and I had such a fun time taking Jules to the egg hunt last week and seeing her excitement when she opened all the eggs in her basket. What a joy to see life through the eyes of a child. I wish we would all focus on that more and worry less! I love you :)

    By Blogger Whitney, at 12:50 PM  

  • Hi Nanna!
    dropping in to thank you for popping by and taking time to leave such lovely comments x:)

    By Blogger mimilove forever, at 8:29 AM  

  • Hi Nanna

    Thanks for visiting my blog and entering the giveaway, hope you will visit again soon.

    best wishes

    Edwina

    By Blogger Little Snoring, at 10:20 PM  

  • Hello there,

    Just stopping by to let you know that you're a winner in my blog's anniversary giveaway! Congratulations!

    Please could I have your address so I can send your print?

    Many thanks and well done!

    Katie x

    By Blogger Katie Green, at 3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home